Thanks for coming over to the donation page. That means that you are probably interested in giving to a good cause. I’ve chosen Kiva.org as my charity of choice. Kiva allows people use micro loans to build their business and start making their own path. Kiva’s about page goes in to more detail.
Kiva’s mission is to connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty.
Kiva was born of the following beliefs:Kiva empowers individuals to lend to an entrepreneur across the globe. By combining microfinance with the internet, Kiva is creating a global community of people connected through lending.
- People are by nature generous, and will help others if given the opportunity to do so in a transparent, accountable way.
- The poor are highly motivated and can be very successful when given an opportunity.
- By connecting people we can create relationships beyond financial transactions, and build a global community expressing support and encouragement of one another.
- Dignity: Kiva encourages partnership relationships as opposed to benefactor relationships. Partnership relationships are characterized by mutual dignity and respect.
- Accountability: Loans encourage more accountability than donations where repayment is not expected.
- Transparency: The Kiva website is an open platform where communication can flow freely around the world.
If you choose to donate through the link below, the money will be deposited into a special PayPal account and then transfered to Kiva.org from there. If you are uncomfortable doing that, I HIGHLY suggest opening your own account at Kiva.org.